A bathroom remodel is a great investment that will improve the functionality and aesthetics of your home as well as meet your needs. If you don’t know what to expect, or how to plan the project, a bathroom remodel may seem daunting. Each renovation is different and will present unique challenges, depending on your needs. To help you make informed decisions, we have compiled a comprehensive guide to bathroom remodeling ideas and essential details.
TOP BATHROOM RENOVATION TIPS
These are some of the top bathroom remodeling ideas that will help you increase the functionality and comfort of your bathroom.
There are many options for bathroom flooring materials. While you should consider safety, aesthetics are important. Small, textured tiles make a great choice for bathroom flooring. The extra grouting will make it less slippery when wet. Choose tiles that are resistant to mould, stains, humidity, and easy to clean. Mixing and matching different patterns and shades can enhance the visual impact of your tiles and create a harmonious appearance.
Bathrooms are not well-suited for natural light. This is why bathroom contractors often recommend lighting designs that include excellent lighting fixtures. You can improve the functionality and mood of your space by changing the lighting. Any of these ideas could be your choice:
- You can add a dimming switch to your main bathroom lights.
- Do not allow artificial light to enter the space.
- To enhance the overall appeal of the space, ask about installing recessed fixtures around cabinets and mirrors.
- You might consider adding lighting to the shower.
A recessed medicine cabinet can be incorporated into your bathroom to increase storage space and give it a cleaner look. This can save space and make your bathroom appear more organized. The additional wall framing is not usually expensive when you do a complete bathroom remodel.
SELECTIVE BATHROOM FIREPLACES
Bathroom contractors say that most homeowners add bathroom fixtures simply because they feel it is necessary. It is better to choose features you actually use than following the latest trends. Make sure you choose fixtures that meet your needs.
Consider a wall-mounted toilet for your bathroom remodel. This can be a great way to save space and improve the look of your bathroom. It is compatible with all styles of bathrooms, but it also works well with modern decor. It’s also a smart investment that will increase your home’s overall value.
BATHROOM DESIGNS & TRENDS
Below are the top trends to keep in mind when remodeling your bathroom. This will help you make informed decisions.
- You can choose from an all-black or monochrome palette.
- You can fit everything in a compact design
- Wood accents can be used to create a vintage appearance
- Technology can be used in the form ultra-modern lighting fixtures and high-tech jetted baths.
- You can incorporate artistic pieces, statement walls, and similar works into your space.
- For a lively look, add splashes of colour
- If your bathroom renovation plan calls for an open shower, you can opt for it.
- Consider home-spa bathroom designs
BATHROOM RENOVATION COST
- Bathroom remodel prices can vary greatly depending on these factors:
- Dimensions and shapes of the bathroom
- Materials needed and availability
- Demolition work
- Both plumbing and electrical work are involved
- Bathroom fixtures and upgrades that you would like to include
- Cabinets and vanity
- Hours of work
A bathroom contractor should be able to understand your requirements and suggest the best way to incorporate them into their work. You will receive an estimate for the bathroom remodel, so you can get an idea of what it will cost.
CHOOSING THE BEST BATHROOM RENOVATION CONTRACTORS
To get the best results, it is best to hire a bathroom remodeling contractor who is reputable. Here are some tips:
- Talk to several contractors and consider your options when deciding on your next renovation project.
- Look at their past work to get a sense of their standards and the potential they have.
- Ask for an estimate to help you determine how much money you should budget for renovations.
- To prepare for the future, inquire about the duration of your project.
- Ask about their credentials and licenses.
- To determine if they can work with you, assess their professionalism towards work and to find out if they are the right fit for you.